About Roman Glass
Roman glass used in Or Paz® jewelry has a greenish-blue or a bluish-green patina, similar to the colors that appear in a fine opal. Sometimes the patina even has the look of a mosaic.
Below are examples of Roman glass artifacts and pieces used to create Or Paz jewelry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is it not recommended to get Roman glass wet? Can I wash my hands while wearing a bracelet or rings?
A: The patina is hand-glued to the glass and is coated with lacquer. Immersing the jewelry can cause damage to the lacquer, and the patina can come off. However, if the jewelry gets a quick splash, it's unlikely to be damaged.
Q: How should I clean Roman glass jewelry? Are there special care or storage requirements?
A: Clean Roman glass pieces with a jewelry cloth. Do not use a liquid jewelry cleaner. Wear it, care for it, and store it gently, similarly to how you must treat pearl jewelry.
Q: Should Roman glass feel smooth or textured?
A: The glass is polished and the patina is cleaned before it's glued into the setting, so it should be relatively smooth, but it may have a slightly textured surface. It will not feel smooth in the same way as a polished gemstone.
Q: Why does Roman glass occasionally flake?
A: If the protective lacquer layer was not applied perfectly or if it becomes damaged, it can cause the glass to flake.
Q: Can flaking be prevented or stopped once it has started?
A: Being gentle with Roman glass jewelry is key. That is how you prevent the layer of lacquer from being damaged and how you prevent further flaking once it has started.
- Enjoy Free Shipping on most products!
- Most items will be mailed 1-2 business day after payment is received
- Some items may take up to 3 business days handling time.
- Delivery times vary – in most cases packages are delivered within 2-6 business days of shipped date.
International Buyers – Please Note:
- a. Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- b. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying
- c. International shipping normally takes 4-6 weeks for delivery
- We accept all major credit/debit cards and via PayPal
- Payment must be made within 7 days of purchasing item
- Texas residents must pay applicable sales tax (8.25%).
- Home of the “14-day no questions asked money back” satisfaction guarantee!
- Simply contact us within 14 days of purchasing the item and we will give you proper instructions for mailing item back
- Buyer is responsible for paying return shipping charges
- Item must be in original brand new condition with original packaging
Please contact us about item details or before leaving negative feedback. If there is a problem we will work together to resolve the problem or offer a full refund.
Live Chat* or E-mail on Ebay**
*Business Hours: 9:00am to 6:00pm
**Business Days (M-F)